Its back! It’s back – the glitziest, most glamorous, most over hyped T20 tournament on the planet is back! The Indian Premier League (IPL) is loved by some, loathed by others, but compelling viewing for all cricket fans. We take a look at the runners and riders this season and dip a toe into the murky waters of prediction.
Indian Premier League, 2019 is the world's most popular twenty20 tournaments. In this league, eight teams compete for the coveted trophy. The tournament was started in the month of March and the final will be held in the month of May. The league stage of the tournament is being played in a double round-robin format, i.e. each of the eight teams will get the chance to play with each opposing team twice. One of the two matches is being held in the home ground while the other match is at that of its opponent. The four teams at the end of the league round will be qualified for a playoff that comprises of two qualifiers, an eliminator and the final. The top two teams will clash in qualifier 1 and the winner will get direct entry to the final and the loser get another chance to make its way to the final day. In this way, the two teams among the top four ranked team will make their way to play for the IPL 12 trophy
Participating Teams of IPL:
- Chennai Super Kings: MS Dhoni the best team of Indian Cricket Team and has no substitute in terms of experience. The top-ranked player of the team in terms of experience; Murali Vijay, Faf du Plessis, Suresh Raina, and MS Dhoni, all-rounders; Shane Watson and Dwayne Bravo, Kedhar Jadhav, and Ravi Jadeja are going to supplement the team with their marvelous performances.
- Delhi Capitals: The team under Shreyas Iyer captaincy have rebranded. The top fearsome player of the team is Colin Munro, Prithvi Shaw, Dhawan, and Iyer. Sandeep Lamichhane, the star of the Nepalese cricket fires up his leggies again. All these along with Ishant Sharma and Avesh Khan will make up the team and features it prominently.
- Kings XI Punjab: Chris Gaye the most talented cricket player, partnered with KL Rahul will give the powerful beginning to the team. Ashwin, Mujeeb Ur Rahman and Varun Chakravarthy the most interesting spinning attacker who is going to present the team on the ground.
- Kolkata Knight Riders: The team comprises of Chris Lynn, Sunil Narine, Robin Uthappa, and the strongest spin attacker Kuldeep Yadav, and Piyush Chawla. Harry Gurney will look like a starter.
- Mumbai Indians: The opening batsman of the team Rohit Sharma with Quinton de Kock. The stars turner of the match Hardik, Krunal Pandya, Kieron Pollard, Mitchell McClenaghan, Jason Beherndorf, Lasith Malinga, Adam Milner, and Jasprit Bumrah will confront another struggling season of Mumbai Indians.
- Rajasthan Royals: Ajinkya Rahane got a chance to prove himself by giving his performance in the team. The strongest option of Rajasthan Royals is Ben Strokes and Jofra Archer who are being sourced as a bowling spot. It is hard to rule the Royals out but they do lack the stardust that their competitors do have that might led to face the team a couple of failures.
- Royal Challengers Banglore: Royal Challengers Banglore have never been the winner of IPL tournament. With the leadership of Virat Kohli and with the team of frontline batsman Marcus Stoinis, Parthiv Patel, Kohli, AB de Villers, and Shimron Heymyer lines up as the top player of the team in the tournament. But this time it is really important to put the fire on the ground to prevent from facing disappointments.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad: The Sunrise Hyderabad marks the return of Dave Warner in competitive actions. The local talent make SRH look a very solid pick for a top-four berth and there a complete balance for the rest that one can dream of.
Predicting IPL 2019 winners
When predicting the winner for 2019 IPL winners, RH is the easiest name to pick up. But there are other franchises too that are being looked to have a strong and well-balanced team. Another team that is being enlisted as a winning team is KKR. Harry Gurney is setting a fire on the field thus providing an amazing opportunity for winning.
With its great performance, Delhi Champions are making their way to appear in the final of the IPL. Rajasthan Royals with its strong batting line-up the winning list but lacks strength in the bowling department. Another top team with plenty of overseas talent, Kings XI Punjab and Royal Challengers Banglore might make their way but their past IPL record makes it risky for the team to face the challenges.
You can post your own views and make the best IPL predictions by staying in touch with us.